Love weddings? Love romance? Love celebrating all things North Carolina’s High Country? High Country Wedding Guide is looking for a Western North Carolina-based contractor to pull together the 2017 edition of the print publication, which covers Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Mitchell, Watauga, Wilkes, and Yancey counties.
· sourcing and sorting through submissions for real-life wedding stories, inspiration/styled shoots, engagement portrait sessions, and more
· producing shoots featuring fashion, florals, tabletop, products, and more
· writing, fact-checking, editing stories in accordance with Chicago Manual of Style
· working with remote art designer, editor-in-chief, and daily blog/digital editor (and driving production schedule with same team)
· acting as a liaison between the traveling sales staff and content
· representing the brand in the community
· feeding social media fodder to the digital editor
· proficiency in Word, InDesign, Google Docs
· an eye for lovely imagery, ear for a good human interest story, and knack for trendspotting
· knowledge of the High Country and its wedding industry
· engaging, professional personality
· meets deadlines and can work autonomously
· excellent communicator (online, by phone, etc.)
Prefer candidate with writing, editing, print production experience.
Part-time, with a concentration toward to the end of the year (publication goes to press in the third quarter). Time commitment totals about 4 months.
Competitive for a regional publication.